Sunday, March 3, 2013

DUPE: MAC Hey, Sailor! Blush in Fleet Fast


If you guys remember last May MAC released their 2012 summer collection called Hey, Sailor! I scrambled to get my hands on the blush called Fleet Fast because at the time I thought it was pretty unique. Clearly that was not the case since we're here in a dupe post!


Aside from some very minor color differences and a much improved texture, I've found a pretty spot on dupe for Fleet Fast that I find myself reaching for much more often! I'm also including another blush that's not a dupe by definition, but it's within the same family


MAC Blush in Fleet Fast
$21.00, discontinued

If you guys remember my MAC Blush Collection post I did a while back, I talked about all the issues I have with Fleet Fast. It's a stunning coral that leans more on the red side with a satin finish and gold sheen. It takes a bit of effort to build up the color on your cheeks because the pigmentation isn't that great. I'm not someone who usually has issues with blushes fading but I notice that Fleet Fast doesn't last more than 6 hours on my cheeks.

 This blush was was sent to me last summer around the same time I picked up Fleet Fast and immediately noticed the similarities between the two. This is one of those products that claims to "adjust to your pH level" so the color is different on everyone, and I don't know how much I believe things that say that because colors look different on everyone regardless! But the Stila Custom Color Blush in Coral is a beautiful bright reddned coral shade with a lot of noticeable sparkle to it. The texture is phenomenal, it's so smooth and unlike Fleet Fast you have to be careful when dipping your brush in here otherwise you'll end up with too much!


Maybelline Fit Me Blush in Medium Coral
$5.50

 Now when you look at the swatches below in a second you're going to wonder why I'm even including this one as a possible dupe. I know it's not a dupe, but it is similar enough to this color family that I'm throwing it in as another option for those with lighter skin tones or those who are a little bit afraid to jump right into bright corals! The texture of Medium Coral is very stiff and it isn't terribly pigmented, you're going to have to really work your brush into it to get some color. But it does give a beautiful luminous look to your cheeks with the frost. Again it's not the greatest quality but for around $5.00 it's a good way to experiment with coral.

L to R: MAC Blush in Fleet Fast, Stila Custom Color Blush in Coral, Maybelline Fit Me Blush in Medium Coral

How do they Compare?

Side by side you can see MAC Fleet Fast is just a tad more peachy than the Stila Custom Color Blush in Coral which leans more red on me, and then the Maybelline Fit Me Blush in Medium Coral is the odd man out being much lighter, more pink, and a lot frostier.

On the cheeks Fleet Fast and Custom Color in Coral look virtually identical aside from the fact that Custom Color in Coral has a lot more noticeable sparkle rather than the gold sheen of Fleet Fast.

Which one is for you?

If you never managed to get your hands on MAC's Fleet Fast as part of the Hey, Sailor! collection or if you did pick it up and aren't happy with it's pigmentation, the Stila Custom Color Blush in Coral is the way to go.

It's so much smoother in texture, pigmented in one swipe, lasts the entire day on me, and is even $1.00 cheaper than the MAC one (though you get 1 gram less product who actually finishes a blush?!)

If you're on a budget or are much fairer than me and want to stay within this same color family, I'd say go pick up Maybelline's Fit Me Blush in Medium Coral from the drugstore for $5-$7. It's by no means a dupe but it still ties in with the shimmery coral theme but is less pigmented and lighter in color so it's easy to work with.

Let me know which blush you'd choose! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome but please be respectful and don't leave a link to your blog, anyone can find it by just clicking on your profile, and be sure to check back as I always try my best to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...