Saturday, October 6, 2012

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadows in Mossy Green: Review, Photos, & Swatches


Why You'll Love It

Dare to wear 24HR shadow.
• Ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting color saturation 
• Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant
• Ophthalmologist-tested.  Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
For Best Results

High impact look:
Illuminate. With fingertips, sweep all over eye from inner corner and work outwards.  For added drama, darken as desired.     
  


Where to Buy: CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid (You may have to search around to find them now!), $5.00-$8.00

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadows in Mossy Green ($5.00-$8.00 for .14oz) is an olive green cream eyeshadow with gold shimmer that is part of Maybelline's limited edition Fall 2012 Fashion Week collection. There are 9 permanent shades: Fierce And Tangy, Audacious Asphalt, Painted Purple, Bad To The Bronze, Pomegranate Punk, Tough As Taupe, Tenacious Teal, Bold Gold, and Edgy Emerald.  You guys know I have been obsessed with these ever since I managed to find them in my haul (I have a cream shadow obsession in the first place) and this was my first experience with Color Tattoos so I'm excited to share my thoughts on how they perform!

Texture:

The Maybelline Color Tattoo in Mossy Green feels a little bit dry when you first try rubbing your finger in it but I've never had any issues with picking up the color, it just happens to be a drier texture than other cream shadows (which I actually find really aids in the staying power)! As you would expect, the longer you take to work your finger in the jar the more it warms up the cream and becomes easier to work with. The gold shimmer in Mossy Green is really fine, it doesn't make the product feel gritty. Surprisingly for such a dry cream eyeshadow, I find this Color Tattoo blends out very easily, but be wary that the gold shimmer can travel a bit if you're not careful.

Pigmentation:

The pigmentation on Mossy Green is fairly good, but to really get that beautiful color you see in the jar you'll need to do some layering. I normally do a base layer on my lid and then put two more layers on after each one dries so I get that really dark green! Because of the drier texture of this cream shadow you have to be careful when putting multiple layers on because this Color Tattoo can get a bit patchy. You can severely sheer out Mossy Green so that its more of just a green tint with shimmer, which is good for those who don't want to go too extreme with color.

Staying Power:

The multiple times I've worn Mossy Green on my eyes I've never had any problems with it creasing, smudging, or fading throughout the day. I don't have any eyeshaodws in my collection that are quite like this olive green color so I've always worn this Color Tattoo on its own over an eye primer and it truly doesn't budge! Without a primer I only get about 3 hours without fading and creasing but still no smudging (which Is fantastic on my oily lids)!

Packaging:

When you purchase any Color Tattoo from Maybelline they all come with a plastic wrapper on the outside, which I really appreciate when companies do that so you know no one else has opened the product! They come packaged in a sleek glass jar which is less bulky than MAC Paint Pots (though still not ideal to travel with because they are a bit heavy) and they have a flat lid so they can be stored upside down (We all known Paint Pots are a pain in the behind because they have that rounded lid so they don't sit flat)! There's a label on the lid that tells you what color it is and if you prefer to keep them upside down (which is said to help keep cream shadows from drying out) you can see the color through the jar, so I like that there's different ways you can store the Color Tattoos. It does however make me a little nervous that there's no list of ingredients on the peel off plastic that's on the Color Tattoos when you buy them, on the jar itself, or even on the website.

Final Verdict:

If you're looking to spice up your makeup for fall and step away from the neutral eyeshadows, you need to track the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Shadow in Mossy Green! I wish the pigmentation was a little more intense/less patchy due to its dry texture, but hey if that means it'll have better staying power on my lid than I don't mind since there's no point in doing your eye makeup nicely if its just going to smudge, fade, and crease! Mossy Green is a great color on its own but it would perform even better if you have a similar colored shadow to put on top of it. I'm pleasantly suprised at how similar the Maybelline Color Tattoos are to MAC Paint Pots (maybe even a bit better in the longevity department)! So if Mossy Green seems like the color for you, run out to your local drugstores because this is limited edition!

6 comments:

  1. It looks so gorgeous! I am keeping my fingers crossed that they release these colours over here!
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a gorgeous color, the fall collection is very pretty. I bought turquoise teal and timeless black from the permanent colors and I love this stuff.I wish they'd include some of the limited editions colors in the permanent range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Barely Beige and Mossy Green are really unlike colors in the permanent range, would make great additions. Who knows, these were so popular maybe Maybelline will make them permanent! xx

      Delete

All comments are welcome but please be respectful and don't leave a link to your blog, anyone can find it by just clicking on your profile, and be sure to check back as I always try my best to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...