Tuesday, February 21, 2012

One Mascara, Two Mascara, Three Mascara

Left to Right: Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies, Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume, Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender
Left to Right: Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous, COVERGIRL Lash Blast, Physicians Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash

Recently I've been super frustrated because I just cannot find a mascara that gives me what I want!

 My ideal lashes would be super black, really long, and have lots of volume without clumping. Is that too much to ask? Apparently so since I've been buying/trying them like crazy and just can't find one that completes my wish list!

By no means do I have naturally bad lashes, mine are dark (natural brunette), fairly long, and I have a lot of them so I can actually go out with no mascara and look fine. I do hate that they are pretty stick straight, but I've been pretty blessed in the eyelash department so I wont complain! But my absolute favorite thing to do is play up my eyes, so on an everyday basis I want that really long and volumized look!

COVERGIRL Lash Blast

This has been a favorite mascara as of recently. I love the rubber bristles on the brush, it gives me a lot of volume, but its so freakin' big that a lot of the time I end up poking myself in the eye (which results in me getting mascara ALL over my eyeshadow)! The formula is really nice because its so black but it does nothing to hold any sort of curl.

Maybelline Lash Stilleto Voluptuous

I like the separation I get with this mascara, but the formula really sucks! I cannot wear this without it completely flaking off and leaving black rings underneath my eyes. The brush is pretty funky too, I don't see the point to the wavy shape, how is that going to help my lashes do anything?

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash

I find this one to be really similar to the COVERGIRL Lash Blast. The brushes are pretty similar except this one has bigger plastic bristles, but the formula is a bit lacking. I don't get much length and this mascara also tends to leave black rings underneath my eyes throughout the day.

Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender

I really can't use this mascara on its own, it really doesn't do much of anything for my lashes. Its really nice and dark with good separation, but this mascara is too natural looking for me. I don't know why it claims that you'll get "50% more curve" and "80% more length" because that sure isn't true! There's next to no lengthening, I mean it looks like I'm not even wearing mascara, doesn't hold a curl, and no volume. Definitely not a winner!

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

This is one of those over-hyped products. You get great volume, but its so not worth it with the clumping! By the time I get the amount of volume I want, I need to go back through my lashes with a comb to get rid of the clumps! The formula is super wet, which I think adds to the clumping issue (loosely leave the cap on, it gets better as it dries out). Its also not good in terms of staying power, it will leave black rings under my eyes a few hours after I apply it. This mascara is okay in terms of holding a curl, it does well at first but after a few hours my lashes end up going back to their normal straight selves.

Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume

Like the Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender, I can't really use this mascara on its own, its too natural looking. The formula isn't very black, so it requires a couple coats to get the deep color. I love how separated my lashes look when I use this, I just wish they had volume (completely misleading calling this mascara "volume"). The brush on this mascara is SO flimsy, I've broken the actual brush off the wand when I've owned this mascara in the past! Like all the others, it doesn't hold a curl (I'm starting to think there's more of a problem with my lashes since nothing is working)!

If you guys have any recommendations for mascaras you think I might like, please tell me!

10 comments:

  1. Great Reviews! I love reading good reviews on products, great job!
    I am obsessed with mascara. I am always trying new ones.
    I am following!
    XX
    SIRI ELAINE
    sirielaine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you so much, it means a lot to hear that you like my reviews :)! Yeah I have quite the obsession myself, I just wish I could find "the one"!

      Delete
  2. Really good review, I had this problem to of not being satisfied with my mascara but for Christmas I got Benefit 'there real' and I cannot get over how amazing it is! I know it's pricy buy my god it's the mascara in the world,
    Shannen Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Yeah, I've heard pretty much nothing but fantastic reviews about the Benefit They're Real Mascara, it just seems like too much money to be shelling out for something that's supposed to be replaced every 3 months (let's be serious though, who does that?!)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this review! Its tough to find the perfect one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same as you. I like super long and thick lashes every single day. I don't feel right without tones of mascara on! lol. The best I have found so far is Dior Show but it's so expensive as you know so I don't buy it. I used to use a clinique one which is in a silver tube (Sorry I can't remember the name) That's the next best one that I have used so far. I am trying out the cheaper ones atm too and just like you haven't found anything that compares :(

    http://sophlife.blogspot.com.au

    Xox Soph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I pretty much refuse to buy high end mascaras when the drugstores are pretty good with their formulations! I'm determined to find that one that gives so much volume, I know it has to be out there!

      Delete
  5. Love mascaras! My new fave is one by Jordana (about $3.50 at Walgreens) called Best lash. Also have a mini They're Real ($10) that I picked up at sephora- am loving it lately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordana is really stepping up their game lately, I've heard they have a lot of great mascaras and eyeliners!
      Yeah I've contemplated getting the Benefit They're Real, but the brush looks too much like the Lash Blast? Which is my favorite to date so I don't think it'd be much different.
      xx

      Delete

All comments are welcome but please be respectful and don't leave a link to your blog, anyone can find it by just clicking on your profile, and be sure to check back as I always try my best to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...