Friday, December 10, 2010

Sally Hansen Smile Brightening Lip Treatment


My mom took me to Big Lots after school today, and they didn't really have much in terms of good makeup, but I did find this Sally Hansen Smile Brightening Lip Treatment for only $2! Mine is in the color "Radiant" which looks like a gorgeous sparkly, ruby red gloss in the tube. On the back of the package it comes in, it says "You Have Yellow teeth, a dull smile and dry lips. You Want Teeth that look whiter, a brighter smile, plus smooth, soft lips now. How It Works Specialized color pigments in this lip gloss shade counteract yellow tones in teeth, making them look whiter. Optical Brightening Pearls, Borage and Cornflower Extract help create the effect. Shiny gloss glides on smooth, not sticky. Botanicals and Vitamins A, C & E soften and condition dry lips. Pleasant vanilla mint flavor freshens breath." I've only had this for a couple hours, but I've been wearing it non-stop.

Pros: The packaging looks really cool with the big circle-ish things on the side of the tube, and the silver part can double as a mirror. This gloss smells amazing, it's a mix of mint and vanilla, which is personally two of my favorite scents. I really did notice that my teeth looked whiter, and who doesn't want that? The application of the gloss is a little sticky, but once its on, it really feels nice and smooth. It takes a while for this to wear off too, which I love. The color looks really shimmer-y in the tube, but on your lips its just the perfect subtle glow.
Here's a quick swatch on my hand.

Cons: They claim the vanilla mint flavor will freshen your breath, but honestly I don't notice a difference in my breath, and I'm certainly not going to eat this gloss just to see if that will work. The application is a little tricky, the gloss is slightly stick when you put it on so that makes it hard to get the edges of your lips look right (which is important with such a bright colored gloss). This is sort of a pro in my opinion, but the color looks more vampire-y red than glamorous red in the bottle. The little hole you pull the gloss wand out of is really quite small, you kind of need to tug to get it out, which in return you end up getting gloss all over the plastic stopper.
I'm in love with this color, the effect this gloss gives my teeth, and I really recommend you go out and try it for yourself!

5 comments:

  1. Cool blog! Check out mine-

    ellie-walker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour is amazing, I agree with you!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ellie Walker Thanks! I'll be sure to check your blog out!

    @Catanya I know! It looks even more gorgeous on the lips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour is amazing, greta for the holiday season

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Imo I know, I definitely plan on wearing it to some holiday parties!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome but please be respectful and don't leave a link to your blog, anyone can find it by just clicking on your profile, and be sure to check back as I always try my best to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...